Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Birthday to Hubby

Hi, everyone.

Hubby's celebrating a birthday in a few days. So, I took advantage of a little alone time to make a card for him. Since he's a no-frills kind of guy, I made a no-frills card. I didn't even put one brad on the card, which was really hard for me not to do!

Distress Ink core paper, lightly sanded
EK leaf and hole punches
(And, that's all folks! As no frills as possible.)


To make the flames, I punched out a tiny leaf from an EK punch, scanned the punched-out leaf, pasted and enlarged the image into a Word doc, printed the enlarged image, and used the enlarged image to trace the leaf and cut out some flames on the card.

The orange candles are actually two-layered, with the flame placed between the layers. In addition, I trimmed the tops of the candles with a pair of Fiskars paper edges to give the look of melted wax.

Lastly, I added the three tiny circles at the bottom to reinforce the yellow of the flames. I stuck to my guns to make this a no-brad/gem/embellishment card for my no-frills guy. :) 

Parting Thoughts 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments: