Tuesday, November 5, 2013

SU Word Window Punches...

... They're not just not for polar bear arms anymore!


Hi, everyone. Hope the work week is off to a good start.

Okay, so I was making some polar bear cards for a couple of upcoming craft shows. I was in quick need of a word window punch. My fabulous Stampin' Up! demonstrator Bernadette offered to loan me hers. And, it seemed only right to purchase one from her -- although I was so polar-beared out that I couldn't even think about punching out any more bear legs anytime soon. :)

Imagine my surprise when I looked at my new punch and saw.... birthday candles. Yep, little tiny birthday candles!  :)

Distress Ink core, candles lightly sanded; Bazzill brown
Stampin' Up! word window punch; EK leaf punch
computer-generated sentiment (Andy) on watercolor paper
Creative Memories corner rounder; Fiskars scissors

I trimmed the tops of the candles with the Fiskars scissors, and I used a piece of removable tape to line up the bottoms of the candles.

Parting Thoughts

Had to smile when Jen said that she'd take a beach vacation over card making. So, what does that say about me that I worked on craft show polar bear cards in the evenings? Thanks to Donna and Paula for 'fessing up to remembering that "Less Filling, Tastes Great" commercial.

Speaking of that commercial... Eons ago -- back when my brother and I still rode roller coasters, we were waiting for a ride to begin on the Racer, which was a two track coaster that ran racing roller coasters. My brother looked over at the other track of riders and hollered, "Less filling!" Their response... nothing but blank stares. I laughed so hard. My brother, as I recall, was not quite as amused. Must say it was one of those classic family memories.  :)

Nearing the home stretch on craft show cards. I'm looking forward to checking the last cards off my list for several reasons, one of which is getting back in the swing for OWH. Need to make this month's ODBD card and want to try that scratch-off card in today's tutorial.

And, can't wait for my father-in-law's 90th birthday festivities to begin!

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments: