Friday, January 20, 2012

OWH Mid-Week Color Challenge

This Wednesday's challenge was to create a card that was white, black, and a third color of your choice. Two paper packs immediately came to mind -- and I ended up going with this very girly cream (yes, cream), black, and pink combination. (I had made a birthday card from this color combo a few months ago and really liked the way it turned out.)

           
DCWV glittery All Dressed Up paper,
embellished with a ribbon, a few stickles, and a little inking

My initial plan for this card was quite different than this result. When I decided to place the cake opposite of the ribbon, the rest of the card evolved from there.

I must say, I'm a little conflicted about this one as it's a little busier than most of my cards -- but I kind of like it. I'm hoping there's a mom or dad who will love sending this to a little princess back home.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

Lee Mae said...

Cute card - love the brown and pink color scheme, especially that polka dot paper! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

~Lee Mae
Operation Write Home
MWT Assistant